Perhaps the most visible change has been a huge improvement in the recommended method for installing the mitmproxy certificates. Certs are now served straight from the web application hosted in mitmproxy, which means that in most cases cert installation is as simple as typing the mitmproxy URL into the devce driver. See the docs for more.
In other, minor news - I see that the mitmproxy project has just passed 2000 stars on GitHub. Between PyPi and the files we serve from mitmproxy.org, the project has also seen nearly 100k downloads in the last year (after removing obvious bots). I know, I know - figures like these don't mean much, but it's still nice to see that people are using and enjoying mitmproxy.
- Support for multiple scripts and multiple script arguments
- Easy certificate install through the in-proxy web app, which is now enabled by default
- Forward proxy mode, that forwards proxy requests to an upstream HTTP server
- Reverse proxy now works with SSL
- Search within a request/response using the "/" and "n" shortcut keys
- A view that beatifies CSS files if cssutils is available
- Many bug fix, documentation improvements, and more.