After a hectic month, I'm finally able to return to the UDID privacy issues I covered in my last few blog posts. I plan to publish some further results soon, but first, a quick roundup of the media coverage of the OpenFeint UDID de-anonymization result.
- A post on on the Wall Street Journal tech blog by Jennifer Valentino-DeVries, one of the very few journalists who do good, novel investigative work into issues like UDID privacy.
- An interview with La Repubblica, a major Italian daily.
- An article in Der Spiegel.
- Coverage on CNN online, Wired Gadgetlab and the Huffington Post.
- And, last but not least, a nice 30-minute interview with Zach Lanier from the Network Security Podcast. This is your opportunity to get some more details on the OpenFeint issue and find out what a a weird accent I have.
The issue was also mentioned on many, many blogs and smaller publications.